Our goal is to strengthen civil society’s ability to address challenges such as disinformation, transparency and accountability. Up to 45 participants from Eastern Partnership Countries will be selected for an interactive training course with experts in social media campaigns, digital storytelling, community engagement, internet security, data analysis, media literacy, and combating disinformation.
Participants are expected to actively build on the training by applying the knowledge and skills obtained in their countries and in their organizations. The virtual training program will include quizzes and a graduation project due one month after the end of the training.
Up to 10 from the participant of the workshop series will be selected to attend Thessaloniki International Media Summer Academy (THISAM) 2021. The selection will be based on several factors including participant’s involvement in the program, quality of project, and the feasibility of project to be implemented in region/country of origin (global health concerns permitting). THISAM S will be a major opportunity to network among civil society organisations in the area in order to showcase and further develop projects created by participants.
Training sessions will be held on 22 and 29 May and 5 and 12 June for 2.5 hours in total per day. Three more sessions will be held after the Academy in Thessaloniki (exact days will be communicated further).
The training will take place from 10:00–14:00 (Athens Time) all days.
Upon completion of the virtual training program, participants will receive a joint diploma from Aristotle University in Thessaloniki and the Digital Communication Network Global.
Participants should be:
● Individuals in non-governmental organizations as leaders, staff, or volunteers.
● A citizen of and reside in one of the following countries: Moldova, Ukraine, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Armenia.
● Committed to follow-up on the training by implementing knowledge and skills obtained in organization and in country.
● Able to communicate effectively in English
● Able to participate for 80 percent of the whole training session.
● Please fill in the application form directly on this link.
● The deadline for submitting your on-line application is May 12, 2021.
● For any questions or inquiries, please email email@example.com with “Active Citizenship Workshop” in the subject line.
- Social Media Campaigns (3 hours), instructor: Marianna Tanagia (DCN Communication Director)
- Community Engagement (3 hours), instructors: Ass.Professor Dr. Nikolaos Panagiotou, Anthi Baliou (School of Journalism and Mass Communications, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki Aristotle University DCN)
- Internet Security (3 hours), instructor: Lukasz Krol (Internews, Poland)
- Data analysis (3 hours), instructor: Ilias Nikezis (Senior Researcher at International & Peace Journalism Lab DCN)
- Data protection (3 hours), instructor: Raashi Saxena (Social Innovation Practitioner, DCN)
- Entrepreneurial Journalism (3 hours), instructor: Ass. Professor Dr Betty Tsakarestou (Associate Professor and Head of ADandPRLAB at Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences, DCN)
- Digital Storytelling (3 hours), instructor: Dianna Filimon (Director of Communications — Influencers Hub Ukraine DCN) 05/06
- European Journalism how to report EU (3 hours), instructor: Christos Fragkonikolopoulos (Professor School of Journalism and Mass Communications, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, DCN )
- Influencers from the EaP countries (tbt)