Digital and Media Literacy for NGOs: A Virtual Training Program
The Digital and Media Literacy for NGOs training program aims to provide NGO personnel with the necessary skills and information to analyze, evaluate, and create effective messages on a wide variety of digital mediums.
Our goal is to strengthen civil society’s ability to address challenges such as disinformation, transparency, and accountability. Up to 80 participants from Eastern and Central Europe will participate in an interactive training course with experts in social media campaigns, digital storytelling, community engagement, internet security, data analysis, media literacy, and combating disinformation.
Funded by the U.S. Department of State Office of Citizen Exchanges and implemented by Digital Communication Network Global and World Learning, this program will provide an overview of the main areas of contemporary media and prepare NGO personnel with the skills needed to excel in the digital world.
Participants are expected to actively build on the training by applying the knowledge and skills obtained in their countries and in their organizations. The virtual training program will include quizzes and a graduation project due one month after the end of the training. After the virtual training program, up to 20 participants will be selected to attend an in-person forum in 2021 based on several factors including participant’s participation in the program, quality of graduation project, and the feasibility of the project to be implemented in the region/country of origin (global health concerns permitting). This forum will be a major opportunity to network among civil society organizations in the area and showcase the graduation projects created by participants.
Training sessions will be held in November-December 2020 on three weekends for eight hours in total per weekend.
The training will take place from 10:00–14:00 (Athens Time) both days. Upon completion of the virtual training program, participants will receive a joint diploma from Aristotle University in Thessaloniki and the Digital Communication Network.
Participants should be:
● Individuals aged 20–40 involved in non-governmental organizations as leaders, staff, or volunteers;
● A citizen of and reside in one of the following countries: Albania, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Israel, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Tajikistan, Turkey, Ukraine, Uzbekistan.
● Committed to follow-up on the training by implementing knowledge and skills obtained in organization and in country;
● Able to communicate effectively in English;
● Able to participate for the full three week duration of the training session.
● Please fill in the application form directly on this link.
● The deadline for submitting your online application is October 23, 2020.
● For any questions or inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Digital and Media Literacy for NGOs Training Program” in the subject line.